Manchester United look to continue to solidify their position in the top four on Sunday as they host Newcastle. They currently sit ten points behind crosstown rivals Manchester City in first place. Last weekend they suffered a shock draw away to West Bromwich Albion though they rebounded in midweek to defeat Real Sociedad in the Europa League. Newcastle on the other hand currently sit in 17th place, just above the relegation zone, with a five point lead over Fulham, albeit with a game in hand.
How To Watch
- Who: Manchester United vs. Newcastle United
- When: Sunday at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: Old Trafford
- Online streaming: Peacock
- Odds: Manchester United -350, Draw +450, Newcastle +1000 (via William Hill sportsbook)
- Manchester United welcome Newcastle United to Old Trafford this Sunday as they look to get back to winning ways in the Premier League.
Successive draws have interspersed progression in the FA Cup and a resounding 4-0 win away in the Europa League, leaving Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side 10 points adrift of leaders Manchester City heading into the weekend.
The form of Pep Guardiola’s team has an ominous feel but, with the Manchester Derby on the horizon, United will still hold out hope of an end-of-season title charge.
To do so, however, United will first need to keep the pressure on by turning their recent draws into a victory against Newcastle.
When the two sides met earlier in the season, United claimed all three points with a late flurry of goals. The score was level at 1-1 with less than five minutes of normal time remaining but goals from Bruno Fernandes, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Marcus Rashford gave them a 4-1 win.
What to Know
Manchester United took care of business against Newcastle United on the road in the teams’ previous meeting last October and will be looking to do the same thing back at Old Trafford. =Their form has been spotty recently, although they’ve had no problem pouring in the goals with 13 in their last three matches, primarily thanks to a 9-0 drubbing of Southampton before drawing 3-3 with Everton and 1-1 with West Brom. Meanwhile, Newcastle came up short against Chelsea on Monday, falling 2-0 and have lost three of their last five matches as they continue to slide down the table.
Manchester United have won five out of their last seven games against Newcastle United.
- Oct 17, 2020 – Manchester United 4 vs. Newcastle United 1
- Dec 26, 2019 – Manchester United 4 vs. Newcastle United 1
- Oct 06, 2019 – Newcastle United 1 vs. Manchester United 0
- Jan 02, 2019 – Manchester United 2 vs. Newcastle United 0
- Oct 06, 2018 – Manchester United 3 vs. Newcastle United 2
- Feb 11, 2018 – Newcastle United 1 vs. Manchester United 0
- Nov 18, 2017 – Manchester United 4 vs. Newcastle United 1
Manchester United take care of business at home and win this one comfortable maintaining their fine midweek form. Pick: Manchester United 2, Newcastle United 0
So who should you back in the English Premier League match between Manchester United and Newcastle? And where does all the betting value lie? Visit SportsLine now to see this week’s best bets for the English Premier League, all from the European soccer insider who’s generated over $16,900 for $100 bettors since the 2017-18 season!